Smart Phone Autofill Oopsie Texts

In Humor
November 16, 2010

If you have a smart phone, you have probably sent a text {or email, or Facebook update} and said to yourself “uh oh” right after you hit send.  You probably even laughed hysterically, depending on who you sent said message to.  I sent one of these funny texts yesterday and I was reminded of some other really dumb ones I have sent since acquiring my iPhone.

funny smart phone autofill texts

I thought how fun it would be to tell you my “oopsies” and hopefully you will share yours with me!

OOPSIE TEXT TO SON:

What I meant to say:  “Don’t forget to lock the door when you leave!”.

What he received:  “Don’t forget to lick the door when you leave!”

Yeah.  I laughed so hard though, just picturing this. He was probably thoroughly confused. But being the smart guy he is, I am hoping he figured out that I do not, in fact, want him to lick our front door.  Ewww.

OOPSIE TEXT TO DAUGHTER (when hubby was going to pick her up at Grandpa’s  house):

What I meant to say:  “Daddy will be there in a sec”

What she received:  “Daddy will be there in a arc”

Hmmm there isn’t much water on our streets, nor do we have a boat of any type.  I assume she knew what I meant.  That text was a real knee-slapper alright – I doubled over with laughter while picturing my husband showing up to my dad’s house in a really big arc.

OOPSIE TEXT TO HUSBAND (the first day I got my iPhone):

What I meant to say:  “Hi Hon!”

What he received: “Hi Jon!”

What he replied:  “Who the hell is Jon??”

Ummm, my bad! Love you honey!

ANOTHER OOPSIE TEXT TO HUSBAND (just saying hello to him):

What I meant to say:  “How’s my big guy today?”

What he received: “How’s my bug guy today?”

Crap. Now he thinks I have something going on with our Clark Pest Control dude.

There are plenty other oopsie texts that I have sent, but I can’t remember them at the moment {probably just as well}.

Okay – your turn! What silly texts have you sent or received thanks to autofill?

26 Responses to “Smart Phone Autofill Oopsie Texts”

1. Maria says:

*snicker* soooo many. Thank goodness I pretty much only text DH, and sometimes my Mom. But man, now I need to go look at them and chuckle some more!

2. DaenelT says:

LOL Too funny. I hate that stupid autofill and autocorrect. Makes me look like more of an idiot than if it just accepted whatever I typed at first.

3. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jennifer Regan, Mobile Monopoly- . Mobile Monopoly- said: Smart Phone Autofill Oopsie Texts | Eighty MPH Mom: If you have a smart phone, you have probably sent a text {or… http://bit.ly/d0LL31 [...]

4. The Mom Jen says:

Omg, this brought me to happy tears, and I so needed that today! LOVE it! make this a recurring segment! ;)

• Jennifer-admin says:

LOL I’m so glad you enjoyed it! I’m sure there will be plenty more stupid texts – and I will keep a recurring segment in mind!

5. Jenine says:

I turned mine off. I hated the blasted auto correct thing. If I make a typo, I want it to be because of me, not my idiot phone who thinks that my acronyms are simple three letter words.

6. Sheila says:

i recently sent a quick message to a friend i lost track of for about a dozen years. when i went back and saw what i had sent to her I was mortified to see, “anxious to find out who are you doing,” instead of “anxious to find out how are you doing.”

7. Sharon says:

I wish I could remember the exact wording, but my brother recently sent his new wife a text calling her a “ho.” He meant to say “hon” but lost the last letter. Luckily she has a great sense of humor, and we all got a good laugh!

8. Tiffany says:

LOL – this is funny. I remember mistyping 6 on a text to my hubby. I meant to say that I’d be there at 6, instead I said, “I’ll be there at sex.” Of course he loved it. :)

9. Haha I love the texts to your husband! I do the same thing all the time! I didn’t know you could turn the auto correct thingy off though! Saw that in the comments! I use it a lot though. Sometimes I mess up but it knows what I mean! lol

• Jennifer-admin says:

LOL yep you can turn it off, but it really is helpful sometimes (frowny face lol). Besides, it cracks me up too much!

10. Staci A says:

Too funny! Luckily, I don’t have auto-correct. Instead, I just manage to send my texts to the wrong people at least once a week.

11. Becca says:

Hilarious! Thankfully I have a full keyboard so everyone just gets regular typos!

12. Kayla says:

HAHAHA! Oh man, do I know how this goes-I KNOW I’ve sent some doozies, but I can’t remember them. Next time, I’m going to totally write them down xD

13. katie m says:

These are hilarious! I’ve mistyped so many times and didn’t even catch it on the proofread!
    katie
    kmogilevski at gmail dot com

14. Nichol says:

LOL how funny. My husband would say so who’s Jon the bug guy!!

15. Eileen says:

This has me belly laughing at the kitchen table at 2AM! Especially the Hi there Jon! crazy funny! this should be made into a book! thank God for the backspace button (computer keyboard OR on phone)
    ME? I have a five year old phone and takes me 10 minutes to send a text…my kids dont laugh at my texts…they laugh at me trying to SEND one!
    And now…my husband came home with a smart phone that listens to you and writes your text as you say it I am guessing there might be even more mishaps if you don’t double check to see what you “wrote”?

I want to see more so save them and share again please!

• Jennifer-admin says:

I certainly will! If you liked these, you have to read the site “Damn You Auto Correct”. I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face. Seriously – you have to check it out! LOL on your phone…I don’t text that quickly either. I think a phone that would write as I talk would be fabulous! I didn’t know such a thing excited!

16. Bunny says:

LOL – “who the hell is Jon?” These really made my day – thanks for posting!

17. Duy Pham says:

haha this is hilarious! I dislike it when my iphone autocorrects it also.