Photoscape is my new BFF

In General
July 23, 2011

Well actually, can a girl have two BFFs? I am smitten with Photoscape and Picnik. Both are free photo editing sites that I don’t know what I would do without. They each have their own unique qualities, and since I previously posted about how to use Picnik, I thought you might like to know about another really awesome site – Photoscape!

I haven’t heard of many other people using Photoscape, and if you are one of those people who haven’t discovered it yet, you are really missing out.  Part of the reason I like it so much is that is it easy.  I can do a little editing on my photos without having to know Photoshop.  It’s kind of my “Photoshop for Dummies”.

What can you do in Photoscape? Lots of things! You can combine pictures into a number of collages or pages, you can frame pictures using one of their many frame choices, you can change the whole look of a photo by using their vignetting feature, use the auto contrast (to make your pictures really pop), add text balloons, or my favorite – bloom. There are literally so many options that I cannot begin to list them all.

Here is a picture I took of my friend’s daughter and a dog (a cute dog I might add!).

UNEDITED:

EDITED USING THE BLOOM FEATURE:

EDITED USING THE PHOTO FEATURE:

EDITED USING THE BLOOM FEATURE (LEVEL HIGH) AND VIGNETTE:

REFLECTION:

BOX:

I could sit here and play with photos all day long – the possibilities are endless.

Not that anyone wants to see my face this much at one time *cough* but just to see what you can do.

USING THE PAGE FEATURE:

Or I could add a frame:

There are so many frames to choose from!

And let me repeat – Photoscape is SO easy to use!  It is free to download Photoscape.  Enjoy!

*I am not being compensated in any way, shape or form for this post. I happen to love this site and wanted to share it with my readers.

18 Responses to “Photoscape is my new BFF”

1. Mimi says:

I love Photoscape. Been using it for at least a year if not more. Didn’t know about that option of putting photos on top of the other photos. Where did you do that? I have Photoscape open, but I don’t see “Photo”. I love making .gif photos and putting a watermark on it. Oh, and I loved the feature of putting arrows because I did that when doing a WW of my garden.

• I added the photos from the editor screen, then in the tabs in the lower left hand corner (Home, object, crop, tools), I chose object. From those options, on the left hand side above the “T”, there is a little image icon. You can add other things or your own photos!

• Hmmm I am not sure what is happening. I am now on a Mac so cannot test it out for you, but maybe if you google “Photoscape Download Problems” you will find some help? I sure do miss Photoscape!

2. Marcy says:

I haven’t tried Photoscape before. I liked the vignette effect.

3. Alexis B says:

I’m an amatuer photographer, and I used Photoscape, Piknic, and Paint Shop Pro 7 when I have to do editing. I love all 3!!

4. This looks great and I don’t know how to use Photoshop so I’m glad it’s easy.
    I just downloaded it and can’t wait to try it. =)

5. The Mom Jen says:

I love the reflection feature!

6. Jennifer S says:

Oooh… Definitely going to check it out! Thanks!!

7. Mel says:

Thanks for this Speedy! I am so disappointed that PicNik is closing, but this sounds great. I’m downloading it now :)

• I am so sad too…I sure will miss Picnik. It wouldn’t be so bad, as I could just use Photoscape, except I bought a Mac recently, and unfortunately I can’t use Photoscape on Mac.

8. What a neat site! I’m on the lookout for something that will unblur my photos so I’d love to hear if you find something for that.

9. Penelope says:

Thanks, what a fun site to learn about!

10. Candace says:

I love photoscape!!

11. Stefani says:

I haven’t tried this one, but will have to check it out.

12. How to open Photoscape?