Teen Party and Graduation Food and Fun Ideas

In Entertainment
October 8, 2012

TEEN PARTY FOOD

party sign

If you are looking for teen party food ideas, have I got some great ones for you! We recently celebrated my daughter’s 16th birthday by having a big bash at our house.  She invited all of her friends, and it was quite fun.  Of course, I had to brainstorm in the days prior to her party, to try and figure out what would be fun and different for teens to eat.  It had to be “cool” for them, and had to be “not messy” for me.  I had a brainstorm and thought it would be a blast to make individual treats in little plastic cups.  This would also reduce the need for plastic cutlery, serving utensils and a potential mess.

I bought little individual plastic cups and lids at the party store, and then I had some fun in the kitchen!  What was really nice is that pretty much everything I made was refrigerated, and stored overnight. The day of the party I simply grabbed everything from the refrigerator and set out on the table.

teen,party,food,ideas,jello shots,chocolate,fountain

First up, I made a Shrimp Ceviche. I chopped up roma tomatoes, onions, cilantro, etc. and added bay shrimp. I “lined” each cup with a thin slice of cucumber and filled them with the ceviche.

shrimp ceviche,appetizers,shrimp, recipes,bay shrimp,teen,party,food

shrimp ceviche,teen,party,finger food,

Now, this next idea was a blast. I made several different jello flavors and put them in the little cups. For the Orange Jello, I put a mandarin orange slice in each. A blueberry went into each Blueberry Jello cup, A slice of Kiwi went into the Lime cups and my daughter put a gummy bear in each of the Cherry Jello cups.

jello shots,teen,party snacks,food

My husband made a fantastic batch of deviled eggs (I forgot to take an “after” photo – oops!):
deviled eggs,teen,party,food

And this is what was the hit of the night though – a chocolate fountain! We cut up strawberries, bananas, shortbread cookies and pretzels for the fountain and the kids had a blast!

chocolate fountain,strawberries,bananas,pretzels,teen,party,food

chocolate fountain,teen party, snacks,food,chocolate,strawberry

chocolate fountain,teen party food,cookies

There was lots of laughter (giggling really), and fun, and the following activities, which were also very popular:

temporary tattoos,teen party ideas,activities

glow sticks,teen party,ideas,activities

And last but certainly not least (okay – well maybe it was) – pinata time! Since my daughter and her friends are NOT fans of “The Biebs”, she decided that it would be the perfect pinata. They had fun trying to smack it, while my husband and son moved it around on the rope.

justin bieber, pinata,

It was a very successful party, and I got to relax the day of, since I prepared everything ahead of time.  It doesn’t get better than that! I hope these teen party food suggestions (and other teen party ideas) will help you in planning your next party!

teen,party,idea,activities,disco light

Feel free to “pin” the above images, and share on Facebook too!

16 Responses to “Teen Party and Graduation Food and Fun Ideas”

1. Linda Ramos says:

Looks like it was a terrific party!

2. Mel says:

Looks like they all had fun!

3. sheri grennille says:

i pinned this, not quite there with a 9 year old, but the ideas are great!

4. Terra Heck says:

Looks like the party was a blast. I have teenagers so I may use some of these ideas when their birthday parties roll around.

5. Thomas Murphy says:

great ideas! I love the Jello cups

6. *Pernille* says:

Great ideas! I know exactly how hard it is to make a birthday party to a teen.
    LOL love the Justin pinata ;)

7. Michelle S says:

I like these ideas a lot. If you keep the food interesting you should be able to hold their attention to the party.

8. Meg Tucker says:

I am SO stealing every single idea here!!! I love how you did those jello cups especially and I’d probably embarrass myself trying to stay away from that chocolate fountain myself LOL!!! Just love it!

9. Jeffrey says:

Looks like some great snacks! I give you a pat on the back, I am not so sure I will be able to do this when my kids are of the age, maybe I need to loosen up but there would be too many rules!

10. Betty Baez says:

Love the ceviche idea even for adult parties :), love the chocolate fountain!!! what teen party isn’t complete without glow in the dark wristbands

11. Janet W. says:

These are all great ideas and fun! Not too babyish, it’s just right for that age group! I want to attend that party! ;)

12. Alana Vester says:

These are great ideas! My kids will be 15 next year, I bet they will have some great ideas to go with this! Thanks for the ideas!