My Maytag French Door Refrigerator is right at home #MaytagMoms

In Home & Garden
November 29, 2012

I have been enjoying my new Maytag Appliances for several weeks now and I wanted to update you on my thoughts about my Maytag Ice20 French Door Refrigerator. Although I raved about how beautiful it is, I have now had a chance to actually live with it for awhile. I am happy to report that we get along swimmingly!

I hosted Thanksgiving dinner this year (the first time in several years, due to lack of space at our other house), and we also had a large group staying at our house not only for Thanksgiving, but for the whole weekend! I was going to be buying a huge amount of groceries to make sure that I had meals covered for the whole weekend.

Naturally, I was pretty excited about preparing Thanksgiving dinner – not only because I now have a huge kitchen and lots of counter space, but also because my new Maytag appliances were such a huge help. After shopping, I was going to have so many refrigerated items, and I knew it would be interesting to see how they would all fit into my new refrigerator.

Usually I dread huge grocery shopping trips (especially before a big holiday), but this time I didn’t. I was actually looking forward to putting away my groceries in my new Maytag refrigerator.

Look at all of these bags! A good portion of the things I bought had to be refrigerated.
grocery bags,groceries

I was planning on cooking as many things ahead of time as I could, to save time on the big day (and to free me up to spend time with friends and family). Here are a few photos of how my refrigerator looked after I unloaded my groceries.

I was going to be making Buttermilk Waffles one of the mornings, so I bought two cartons of this, as well as a half-gallon of regular milk. The milk, as well as a few water bottles, all fit perfectly in one of the door shelf compartments.

Maytag refrigerator

The next shelf held my butter (which I needed quite a bit of, since so many recipes called for it):

tillamook butter, refrigerator door shelf

All of my condiments fit comfortably in the bottom door shelf:

condiments,heinz ketchup

Here is what the whole refrigerator looked like (and I had room to spare, thank goodness, as I was making several casseroles that would also need to be stored in here!):

refrigerator

I cannot begin to tell you what a relief it was to have everything safely put away, and to still see space for even more stuff. I absolutely love this refrigerator, and two of my favorite things about it are the two drawers. I am amazed at how much room is in each one.

In the top clear drawer, I had regular cheese as well as TEN blocks of cream cheese. See all the extra room?
refrigerator drawer

And in the middle drawer, I was able to put 4 lbs of bacon, 4 packages of sausages, a bag of potatoes, a few lemons, herbs, cheese and even a few cans.  Seriously…I am in love.
refrigerator drawer, Maytag drawer

The freezer had just enough room to hold the frozen items I purchased.  The freezer isn’t huge, so luckily I didn’t have too much to go in there.  I wish it were a tad bit bigger.  But I would give up freezer space any day, to have this incredible amount of space in my refrigerator – the part that is used most frequently.

bottom freezer, Maytag freezer

I honestly have no idea how I would have pulled off Thanksgiving dinner without this wonderful refrigerator.  I never would have had enough room in my old refrigerator, and that would have been completely stressful.   When it came time to store the leftovers (and there were a bunch!), it was a breeze to load them in the refrigerator, and I was also able to fit the desserts in there as well (these were in bar pans and casserole dishes).  Again, there was plenty of room to spare!

Christmas is going to be a breeze this year…and just like Thanksgiving, I am very much looking forward to it, thanks to Maytag.

Stay tuned to hear more about my Maytag appliances!

Make sure you connect with @MaytagBrand on Twitter and Maytag on Facebook!

*I wrote this post participating in an Maytag Moms Dependable Kitchen Ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I was provided with a Maytag kitchen appliances set, including a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and range to facilitate my post

55 Responses to “My Maytag French Door Refrigerator is right at home #MaytagMoms”

1. That is such a beautiful fridge. I love the French doors and all the room and how organized it is. I really have to struggle to fit things in mine. I’ll have to check out Maytag!

2. Holy cow, that does fit a lot of stuff in there. TEN blocks of cream cheese, lol! I use the freezer even more than the fridge though so I would still need a separate full-sized one at my house.

• Yep – 10! I could have easily fit another 10 in too :) I think we will be bringing our stand alone freezer down to the new house when we move there permanently. I kind of like to stock up on frozen foods.

3. Meg Tucker says:

I am SO jealous! Love the look and design of the fridge but my favorite part is that middle drawer!! Oh..nice job!!

4. Erin says:

And it was quite the spread you served on Thanksgiving. I definitely had appliance envy when I saw them in person!!

5. Louise says:

Your fridge looks amazing and I’m wishing I had some cream cheese right now

6. Tammy S says:

It is a very nice looking fridge. We love Maytag because they stand behind their products. We have a Maytag dishwasher and when I was having problems with it they sent a repair man to look at it. He was there and fixed it super fast. He didn’t even charge me a service call.

7. Janet W. says:

I love all the storage space in the fridge area!! The shelving looks amazing! I’m so jealous!

8. athena d. says:

wow, all that space is incredible! i can’t believe all that food fit, plus theres MORE room! we could defiitly use that fridge here!

9. Cynthia C says:

I would love a french door fridge, but sadly it will not fit in the space I have :-(

10. Betty Baez says:

WOW, that’s definitely my dream fridge maybe next Christmas ;)

11. Elena says:

Looks really good! I like Maytag refrigerators

12. June M. says:

I love this fridge!! So much room and space for everything! I love the drawers and all the door storage. I am like you, the freezer could be larger, but I do like the baskets for organization in it.

13. Dena S. says:

I wish I had a new frudge like this one! It looks so handy with all the different storage areas.

14. Tammy S says:

I also love all the storage on the doors. I always seem to run out of space.

15. Jeffrey says:

Wow, quite impressive! Just think in the summer when the heat is really on outside you can just climb into your fridge to cool off. I would love to have this, with all the drawers and door spaces it is probably easy to keep things organized and in view. Beautiful kitchen by the way.

16. Connie Lee says:

I just love your new fridge and all the space, beautiful kitchen too.

17. Wendy Kroy says:

Looks like a great appliance. Makes organizing a snap. Thanks for the information.

18. Sarah Hirsch says:

i love that the fridge is a french door fridge but also has the bottom freezer drawer. i would love one of those

19. Peggy says:

Oh I love this refrigerator. I love the freezer on the bottom. All that extra storage on the door is so nice.

20. MeganG says:

Dreamy. [sigh]

21. Karen Hand says:

This is a very nice looking refrigerator that appears to have loads of room for just about anything. I especially like the shelving on the door for the milk and butter. I’ve always had good luck with Maytag products. Thanks for the review.

22. Danielle Papsis says:

Wow, it does fit a lot of groceries! We have an older side by side. I like how your maytag is setup with the freezer on bottom but still a side by side for the fridge. It would be a good compromise for my fiancee and I.

Great refrigerator. Lots of room, everything stays well organized, and you can actually find things easily.

24. Melanie K. says:

What a great refrigerator! I’m needing one pretty soon I think :) Thanks!

25. rebeka deleon says:

i love this fridge. i love the pull out drawer on the bottom

26. sara m ford says:

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Lucky did they send it to you to review?

27. NICE REFRIG—-A LOT OF SPACE I SEE.

28. Peggy Bolling says:

OMG!! I love that refrigerator!!! I’ve never owned a maytag anything but I truly love the commercials lol

29. Eileen says:

I am so envious! We have a small house that could never fit such a HUGE fridge, unless we redo our entire kitchen and cabinets. Our fridge actually has DUCTAPE on the side door racks. And all three crisper drawers are broken. This is like HEAVEN! I had to laugh because with 6 of us here and then daycare, our kitchen looks like that when we bring in grovceries every single week. Thanksgiving and holiday cooking does fill a fridge up fast though. We have an extra one, pretty old , in the garage for our extras that need a fridge. And we have a screen porch so we actually use it as a walk in fridge. Brr…

30. Lanie says:

Wow thats a pretty awesome fridge! I wish i had that. Mine is pretty crappy and older. I never have enough room! I love all the compartments and storage areas in it.

31. Eve says:

Its beautiful and there is plenty of space too. And I love the whole freezer on the bottom

32. Jennifer Mae Hiles says:

First of all I have to say that you have a beautiful kitchen! What I wouldn’t give for that counter space! They maytag looks wonderful. I like how the shelves have a clear cover so you don’t have to lift up every bottle to see what it is. And the storage space! Just amazing. Someday…Someday… :)

33. eugaet says:

Now that looks like a good replacement for our current fridge! If it fits.

34. laurie says:

would love to have one

35. Lisa Davis says:

That’s awesome that you fit all of that in to your fridge! Love all the compartments, especially the door shelving. Want!

36. Lisa R says:

I’ve never had a side by side refridgerator. I like that it has full size bins because I hate having to move stuff around on the shelves and then things falling out on the floor. This is easier to do from a bin and you can store more this way

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

37. Bill Elliott says:

This is the mother of all refrigerators, I have never seen one with this much space before, plus the shelves. We have been looking for one, now this is a must see. Thank you for the post

38. s riches says:

That looks to be a very nice refrigerator. Unfortunately it would be to big for my kitchen.

39. Jan Messali says:

Wow, I can’t believe all the stuff you got in the fridge. I really like the drawer that you can stand soda cans in.

40. Sandy V. says:

This looks like a great fridge. I have a Maytag washer and am happy with it.

41. I am so jealous this looks like a fabulous fridge I would love to have this one.

42. kathy pease says:

I love the maytag brand we just bought a washer recently and it is the best washer we have had to date. I want this fridge now too..lol

43. Susan Smith says:

Great looking refrigerator. I like that big middle draw but I would nead more freezer space, so I will be sticking with a side by side for my next refrigerator.

44. Alex Roach says:

I love the organization

45. melissa k says:

My fridge isn’t too old, but never has frozen ice cream hard, so I am still in the market for an upgrade.

46. Thomas Murphy says:

I need a new Refrigerator, I think I should get this one!

47. Mya Murphy says:

French doors are gorgeous and loads of room… I could never afford this!

48. Gianna says: