Kellogg’s Share breakfast: Please share and help #ShareBreakfast

In General
March 2, 2013

SHARE BREAKFAST!

kelloggs share breakfast,national breakfast month

I was saddened to learn that as many as 1 in 5 children go without breakfast on a daily basis. Breakfast is such an important meal – it helps kids focus, when enables them to learn, and it also provides much needed nutrients to growing bodies. When children do not eat breakfast, their health suffers and so does their education.

Myself and my children are fortunate that we have not been in a situation where we do not have daily breakfasts, but I have skipped breakfast on a few occasions and it really does make me tired and not able to focus.  Imagine when a child has to try to concentrate in school on an empty stomach.  This breaks my heart.

Kellogg’s and Taye Diggs have teamed up (for the 3rd year!) to share breakfast with children in need. They want to help end childhood hunger and they are asking families across america for their help. Through the Share Breakfast campaign, Kellogg’s will share 1 million breakfasts to kids and families in need. They will do this by providing grants for individual school and school districts, which will lead to increased participation in school breakfast programs.

This Power of Breakfast infographic shows just how important breakfast is, and how very needed it is to ensure the health and education of children nationwide.
kellogg's share your breakfast

Will you help? It is super easy, and when you share, Kellogg’s will share breakfast with kids in need. Simply visit the Kellogg’s “Share Breakfast” website where you will be able to Tweet, post on Facebook, Pinterest and more, to help spread the word. Each time you do one of the sharing options, Kellogg’s will share breakfast.  You can learn about all the different ways to help during Share Breakfast 2013 by watching the public service announcement on You Tube (you can also view it below):

I will be helping!  With social media these days, this is such an easy thing to do.  Imagine the power of sharing with your friends and family, and then them sharing.  If we all band together, we can make this happen!

@Kelloggs_US will share a breakfast for every RT using the #ShareBreakfast hashtag!

Thank you for your help!

*I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Kellogg’s. I received a product sample as well as a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.

20 Responses to “Kellogg’s Share breakfast: Please share and help #ShareBreakfast”

1. Jim Weaver says:

Great post, everyone needs breakfast, ESPECIALLY KIDS!

2. Robin O says:

I will visit the Kellogg’s “Share Breakfast” website and help spread the word about this important initiative! Thanks!

3. Rosie says:

Wow this is great and I just check out the website. I hadn’t heard of it before! I will have to look into this! Thanks!

4. Julie Wood says:

I am going to visit the Kellogg’s Share Breakfast and tweet and share because Kellogg will donate a breakfast! This is so awesome to me, I can help people eat breakfast by doing this!

5. Amy Lynn says:

how cool is that! I just tweeted and helped a child get a meal! https://twitter.com/Amylynnbee22/status/308675280178909185
    Thanks for letting us know about this campaign :)

6. Ttrockwood says:

This is such an awesome program! Im clicking over to their site now…..

7. Barbara Wilson says:

I support the Breakfast Campaign with Kellogs. I had been a no breakfast eater for a few years and I got ulcer because of doing so. I couldn’t take anything on breakfast because my system was never used to it. But thanks to cereals, thanks to kellogs, I am able to take breakfasts everyday. They are light, healthy and will surely keep my stomach full everyday. I wanted to be a model to my baby and I dont want him to skip meals. I support you and kellogs, together lets help the kids of america get breakfasts everyday.

8. brittany says:

Going to visit this site now :)

9. Amy Z. says:

This is an awesome cause! I like the infographic too.

10. Lynn says:

Can’t believe 1 in 5 children don’t have breakfast! This is a great cause and I am going to share today!

11. Heather! says:

As if I needed another reason to love Taye Diggs. *sigh* Great program, and a Very Great Spokesperson! :)

12. kelly nicholson says:

they make good cereal…i can vouch for that

13. betty says:

Just saw a TV news mention of the kids who only get a decent meal thru the school lunch program. Those schools that included a breakfast supplement as kids arrived (hungry) were rewarded with higher than expected academic achievement – once basic hunger was taken care of, then they could learn

14. Betty says:

This is a good cause!

15. Joanna F says:

This is a great cause, I had no idea!

16. Amber says:

Wow, I tweeted. Thanks for educating us on the issue of childhood hunger.

17. polly says:

kudos to kelloggs for doing this and making people aware. their slogan the power of breakfast is great. thanks for telling us about this

18. martha says:

kellogg’s has always been a bran we use ,,,,enjoyed the article and always know breakfast is always a must for everyone …