Orbit for Kids – fun with gum while helping teeth!

In Most Recent
July 29, 2013

orbit sugar free gum

*I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Orbit for Kids. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

I have always encouraged good oral hygiene habits with my children (just as my parents did with me). They have gone to the dentist since they were 2-years old and learned over the years how to properly take care of their teeth and gums. This includes flossing and using a rinse to help protect their teeth.

orbit,gum,sugar-free

I also made sure my kids chewed sugar-free gum, in an effort to prevent cavities. Not just any gum will do though, it has to have a good flavor to keep kids interested.  One such flavor is Orbit for Kids Strawberry Banana sugar-free gum!  This gum has a yummy, fruity flavor that will keep kids happy, but it is also beneficial.  Orbit for Kids neutralizes plaque acids, stimulates saliva flow and keeps kids teeth clean!  Who knew?

Orbit for Kids can be used as part of your child’s oral care routine. Make sure you keep some in your purse, because if your child(ren) aren’t able to brush after a meal, they can chew a piece of Orbit for 20 minutes. This will get the saliva flowing, which helps to protect teeth (think of it as a defense mechanism). When saliva production is increased, it will neutralize plaque acids. Chewing Orbit for Kids gum after a meal will also remove food particles from their teeth. These are all BIG reasons to smile!

orbit for kids,gum,sugar-free

Over the years, I have discovered a few things that help with getting kids to brush their teeth (and even enjoy it). One really important thing is the right toothbrush. Kids have small mouths (although sometimes we may not believe this!), and if they have a toothbrush that is too large, they may be missing some important, hard to reach areas in their mouth.

I have also found that if you can make it fun to floss and brush, they are more likely to want to do it often. Make up a song, a poem, riddle, etc. to entertain them while they are brushing. Of course, just playing your child’s favorite song is a great way to get them to brush as well. Pick one that is at least two minutes long and they will know that they can stop brushing when the song is finished. It is important to supervise them though, as they might end up singing too much, and not brushing enough!

orbit,gum

My friend’s daughter and I talked about good oral hygiene and I asked her how she knows how long to brush.  She told me that they set a timer and when the alarm buzzes she knows she can stop brushing.

orbit chewing gum

I asked her how she liked the flavor of the Orbit for Kids Strawberry Banana Sugar-Free gum and she said she liked it a lot.  She doesn’t know how to blow bubbles yet, but she is hoping to learn soon :) Orbit for Kids is also available in original bubble gum flavor.

How do you encourage oral wellness with your kids?  Do you have any tips and tricks to share?

Make sure you join the Orbit for Kids Twitter party on Tuesday, July 30th @ 3:00 – 4:00 ET!

32 Responses to “Orbit for Kids – fun with gum while helping teeth!”

That’s a great kit. The strawberry banana gum looks yummy :)

2. Erin says:

Setting a timer is smart! She looks so sweet :)

3. Deana Terwilliger says:

My kids love gym so this is great.

4. i love Orbit. I am glad they are catering to children’s health

5. Ashleigh Gunter says:

Such a cute kit! Will have to go get some gum for the kids! :)

6. Sherrie C. says:

The Strawberry Banana sugar free gum from Orbit sounds really good and I like the idea of a timer for brushing teeth. I think that would work well with my 3 year old granddaughter.

7. Stephanie Larison says:

It sounds interesting, I think I’d be scared to give it to my daughter, she’s never had gum before. I think she may be too young yet, but something fun for the older kids.

8. sandra davis says:

my kids like orbit gum. its so very important to teach oral hygiene as early as possible.

9. Robin Wilson says:

I really enjoyed this post. I honestly didn’t know that gum could be a part of a child’s oral hygiene/health. I had a rough time getting my son to brush his teeth for the full time for so long until I giving him reward points for every 30 seconds he brushed up to the full 2 minutes.

10. JR Frugalmom says:

The strawberry banana gum seems like it is just up my alley, what a fabulous flavor blend for sugar free gum.

11. Samantha Vermeulen says:

How do you sign up for Mom Central
    consulting?

12. Julie Wood says:

Flossing teeth is so important and that is my tip to share. It gets food out between the teeth and helps maintain good breath. I also know that brushing twice a day is a must. But in between meals, Orbit gum is a good thing to use. Plus Orbit tastes good and I am sure kids will love the taste!

13. cassie says:

super cute idea to make kids more excited about taking care of their teeth

14. Elena says:

I think my son would love the strawberry banana flavor

15. mrsshukra says:

I like Orbit when my dentist gave me a sample so Orbit for Kids must be good, too!

16. Tammy S says:

I love the Orbit Spearmint gum. I didn’t even know they made gum just for kids. I will have to look for it. The Strawberry Banana sounds good. I might just chew it all myself. :)

17. Dana Rodriguez says:

That is an awesome review~she is so cute!!!

18. Christian Alejandro says:

This is great! I love it because kids like gum and this helps instead of damage teeth like candy does.

19. Janet W. says:

How interesting that they make gum especially for Kids! However, it will be years before my grandsons chew gum.

20. judy gardner says:

i think the kids would like the strawberry banana

21. Gwendolyn Blunt says:

This is a cool idea, my child just began using gum and would love to try.

22. Yona says:

Nice. Strawberry banana is a good flavor for both kids and adults – yum!

23. Kolpin says:

i’m curious, how does the “for kids” version differ from the original? just different flavors or is one not sugar-free?

24. sheri grennille says:

the timer never worked for my daughte r- but letting her wander from room to room, that seems to help and she’s not too messy.

25. Maria Iemma says:

My grandkids love to chew gum and we buy them Orbit because it is the best tsting and sugar free

26. Tina says:

I always would get my son the Trident sugar free gum but I am going to have to try this because he loves to chew gum and why not give him some gum that would be good to his teeth too! When he was younger I would only give him sugarfree candy until he got older and now he eats sugar filled candy. Thank you for sharing and your daughter is so precious.

27. Raine says:

I didn’t realize that Orbit gum did so much for oral care. I knew it was a good gum, and we have bought it quite a bit, but that’s good to know. I think its cool that they have the kids kind now, anything to help keep teeth healthy is great.

28. Susan Smith says:

I think if you are going to chew gum it should be sugarless. My daughters toothbrush has a 2 minute timer which goes off in 2 minutes which is a big help as she wouldn’t always brush for the 2 minutes that she should be.

29. Sarah L says:

When I was growing up we could only have gum once a month because my mom said it was bad for our teeth. This has changed.

30. Holly Thomas says:

Anything that makes oral hygiene fun for kids is a great idea!

31. kathy pease says:

My youngest is 16 but he is very good at brushing and flossing..I always have a good stock of toohpaste,floss and flouride mouthwash on hand..I always use coupons and we always have a good supply of everything :)

32. Gianna says:

I wish they made them with real sugar. I have some that are allergic to the artificials.