Fall is here! Fall is, by far, my favorite season. It brings back fond memories of comforting times and a kitchen filled with laughter as we gathered around the table to enjoy dinner. The warm air and delicious smells surround me, both indoors and out – there is just something special about it. Now there is even something more special about it – Jif almond butter!
When fall arrives, I am also taken back to my own childhood and baking with my mother. Each year, right before the holidays, we would make her “famous” pecan tarts. I would help her make the pie dough and she would mix the filling, then we would sit at the kitchen table and form the dough in the muffin pans, while talking and laughing (and her occasionally swatting my hand gently as I put little balls of dough in my mouth).
When I had my own daughter, she would help me in the kitchen as well. We would pull a chair up to the counter (for her to stand on), and mix the dough and filling. One fun memory that always makes my daughter and I laugh, is when she was getting a cup full of flour for me and the flour tub was filled pretty high. She “patted” the top and flour covered her face. We giggled hysterically – she looked like a ghost. Oh how I wish I had a picture of this! My daughter still remembers this, even at 17-years old. Although my mom passed away a few years ago, she would be so delighted to know that my daughter and I still carry on the tradition of making her pecan tarts each year during the holidays.
We may have just started a new tradition as well, now that Jif now makes almond and cashew butters! We have always enjoyed cooking with Jif peanut butter, but this opens up a whole new world for us, and our creative juices are overflowing. Visions of baked goods dance through our heads, and I am happy to share our first recipe creating using Jif Almond Butter!
For many families breakfast time can be rushed, so having a batch of these Autumn Almond Muffins made ahead of time can take some of the stress out of preparing breakfast during the week. Thanks to Jif Almond Butter, the muffin recipe was a breeze.
With this simple recipe, you may even want to make several batches on the weekend to freeze a stash! Otherwise these muffins keep in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week. Making muffins ahead of time will save you time (maybe your sanity) each morning since half of breakfast is done for you. Cook up some fresh sausage or bacon, blend a breakfast smoothie, send everyone off – and relax!
Autumn Almond Muffins
Using quintessential autumn flavors like pumpkin, maple, and ginger; these muffins are the perfect way to Mix Up Mealtime with Jif Almond Butter! Serve these during breakfast or as a snack – either way, they’re sure to be a hit!
* 1 cup Jif Creamy Almond Butter (no stir = no hassle!)
* 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
* 1/3 cup maple syrup
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 tsp sea salt
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 TB pumpkin pie spice
* 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (optional)
* 1/4 cup crystallized ginger chips (optional)
* coconut oil, for greasing muffin pan(s)
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F and grease a jumbo muffin pan with coconut oil (or two standard pans).
2. In your mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the Jif Creamy Almond Butter and all other ingredients – until the optional chocolate and ginger. Once the mixture is smooth, you may fold in the optional ingredients.
3. Fill the muffin pan evenly with batter, about 1/2 cup per jumbo muffin cup (or 1/4 cup for standard pans).
4. Bake 25-30 minutes (15-20 for standard), test doneness by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, remove the pan(s) from the oven, and let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out muffins and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
* Yield: 6 jumbo muffins or 12 standard muffins
* Dairy free, gluten free, grain free.
You will definitely want to stay tuned, as in the next few weeks I will be posting a yummy dinner recipe (Creamy Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry) using Jif Cashew Butter!
Follow Jif on Facebook and Jif on Pinterest for inspiration on how to mix up your mealtime with Jif! A word of warning though, you mouth will water! You will also want to visit the Jif website where you can find more delicious recipes, product information, and more!
Do you have any fond memories of cooking with your own kids, or fun family traditions? I would love to hear about them!
*The J.M. Smucker Company has compensated me to promote its Jif Almond & Cashew Butters “Mix Up Mealtime” Campaign. All opinions are my own.