I recently received the VTech cordless phone to review. The VTech Digital Answering System with Caller ID, is a wonderful phone, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. It came with quick start instructions (which is good for me, as I have no patience when it comes to leafing through an instruction book!). I was going to wait for my husband to come home and do it, but I was anxious to try it. The set-up was incredibly easy…that’s saying a lot coming from me! The time and date were easy to figure out, and recording an outgoing message was simple.
The sound quality is excellent, and it has some great features that my previous phone did not have. Here are the main features, from the VTech website:
* DECT 6.0 Digital technology provides the best sound quality, security and range in cordless phones
* Protects you from identity theft with digital security
* Digital answering system
* Handset speakerphone
* Caller ID/call waiting — stores 50 calls
* 50-name and number phonebook directory
* Remote message retrieval
* 15 minutes recording time
* Audible time and date stamp on recorded messages
* Backlit message counter
* Blue backlit keypad and display
* Handset volume control
* Last number redial
* Trilingual prompts–choose between English, Spanish, French
* Page/handset locator
* Selectable ring tones
* Wall mount bracket included
* Slim handset size
I was very impressed with the clarity of phone conversations and the range of the phone. I like that you can store up to 50 names and numbers (my old phone only stored 25).
The VTech phone is available at: www.vtechphones.com and Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Kmart, Sears and Office Depot stores nationwide. They retail for $49.95. That is a great price for a phone that does it all.
The VTech phone gets a big thumbs up from the Eighty MPH Mom!