Here are three resolutions for 2016 that you can keep, without leaving your bathroom!
Did you know that according to Nielsen, 3 of the top resolutions Americans strive for are: staying healthy, spending less/saving more, and getting organized?
Luckily, all of these can be accomplished with an overhaul of your medicine cabinet and a little (free) help from FamilyWize!
- Staying healthy includes taking your medications as prescribed and ensuring you are taking them properly. Check the labels and make sure you are current with your regimen. And, if you are taking several medications, consider talking to your pharmacist about any potential interactions.
- Spending less can begin with a review of your medications. If you have prescriptions that are costly, look at free prescription savings cards, such as the one from familywize.org, which offers an average of 40% savings off of retail prices, and is also available via a free mobile app. You can also ask your pharmacist about generic equivalents. For over-the-counter medications, look for coupons and promotions from your pharmacy.
- Getting organized can also start in your medicine cabinet. Review all medications for expiration dates and throw out those that are expired. Make sure that you are storing your medications properly as well. If you are taking several medications, you might consider a weekly pill case to keep you organized.
For more guidance on how to stay healthy this year when it comes to your family’s prescriptions, access the free FamilyWize eGuide “Live Healthy. Live Smart.” A guide to smart, safe prescription use and savings”
More about the FamilyWize Prescription Savings Card
- Is free to everyone and is also available as a free app
- Provides savings even if you have insurance, but still have high medication costs – not every insurance covers all medications equally
- Covers all FDA approved prescription medications
- Is easy to use with no registration, activation or restrictions due to preexisting conditions
- Has unlimited use – show it every time you fill a prescription and get the best price
I hope you will check out FamilyWize to see how it might help you and your family!