Since my 14-year-old son was an infant, he has had difficulty falling asleep. So when the opportunity to try out and review the DreamScience by Oregon Scientific came about, I excitedly accepted. The DreamScience is a brainwave oriented sleep companion and alarm clock that combines two clinically proven technologies that unconsciously soothe your mind for a better night’s sleep, while also waking you calmly and naturally. Sounds wonderful, doesn’t it? I think so too!
How It Works
Using patented Sleep Enhancement Technology the DreamScience creates a therapeutic state of relaxation by playing soothing ambient sounds that slowly reduce in volume and rhythm – this is a method that is proven to calm the body and mind.
This technology is combined with Brainwave Embedded Sounds. These audio signals cue specific brainwaves depending on the sounds and sequences used. With this technology, sound cues can stimulate the mind’s wakeful beta waves to rouse you from sleep, induce relaxed alpha waves for a meditative calm feeling, and even lead the mind into a more restful sleep by activating the delta waves associated with a deep and healing sleep.
Along with the soft glow of mood lights, DreamScience relaxes both the body and mind, allowing you to fall into a more fulfilling and satisfying sleep.
• Quality Sleep through Science: DreamScience envelops you in a calming buffer of sound to help you fall asleep, stay asleep, and reach deeper, more restful levels of sleep.
• The Secret of Daytime Functioning: Sleep quality impacts your quality of life and how well you function throughout the day. The technologies utilized by DreamScience let you reset your sleep routine, helping to reduce stress, restore energy and improve focus.
• Make a Stylish Statement: The sleek, round design with the multi-hued mood lighting and sound turns any room into a chic and relaxing retreat.
• Relax to Your own Personal Soundscape: Choose from 20 built-in soundscapes or use the audio line-in to play music from another device, and find the sound that best soothes your weary mind.
Based on scientific research, DreamScience is optimized with 7 therapy sounds that tap into different states of consciousness. These seven soundscapes play at different wave frequencies, including:
• Delta waves which are associated with the deepest levels of physical relaxation.
• Alpha waves which indicate an alert state with a quiet mind.
• Beta waves which are associated with normal waking states.
The 7 soundscapes are:
6. Dawn Rain
There are 12 sleep sounds including unwind, tranquility, thunder, rain and stream. There are 9 wake up sounds including energize, revitalize, aurora, jungle and garden to name a few.
The DreamScience comes with a comprehensive owner’s manual so you can easily learn how it functions to help you get your best night’s sleep. It also comes with the power cord and a cord to use to play music from your iPod, cell phone or other device. The DreamScience is a nice looking device. It doesn’t take up a lot of room and would fit nicely into any bedroom.
My son has been using the DreamScience for nearly two weeks and is really enjoying it. He says that he is falling asleep easier and I have noticed that he has been waking up in a much better mood. His favorite sleep sound is called ocean surf and he likes to use the revitalize sound to wake up.
I am going to borrow the DreamScience from him sometime so that I can experience it for myself. I have a difficult time falling asleep too so I am hoping that the DreamScience can help me as much as it has helped my son.
The DreamScience is available from Oregon Scientific for $99.99. I recommend it to anyone who has trouble falling asleep or has any sleeping problems in general.