I used Lysol wipes like there was no tomorrow. We always had a few containers on hand (both upstairs and downstairs), to make it easy to sanitize at any given time.
Ali Larter (actress and mom of two children) has a few tips of her own and I am happy to share them with you!
Ali Larter’s Tips for New Moms
1. Understand the Size of Your Baby’s Social Network. Recently, I learned that my baby’s social network is bigger than my own. I’m not talking about Twitter, or Instagram … but the number of germs that she comes into contact with every day. It’s important to be aware of these “followers” and to kick them out of the home by disinifecting commonly touched surfaces with products that kill 99.9% of germs like Lysol Disinfecting Wipes so you can have peace of mind and focus on the fun parts of being a new parent!
2. Create a Germ Free Runway. My kids’ curiosity and desire to explore is high these days. Whether they are crawling, playing, or running around, they’re constantly coming into contact with the floors in our house. One of the simplest ways to help create a healthier runway for their play is to keep germs at a minimum outside and have guests take off their shoes before entering the home.
3. Get on Baby’s Level. Baby proofing your home may seem like an obvious step as a new mom, but through my two babies, I’ve learned that you need to get on baby’s level to do this effectively! Crawl around the floor and look for things they might find appealing at their eye level.
4. Clean Baby’s Toys In and Out of Storage. After my daughter was born and when she was old enough, I took out all of my son’s toys from storage for her to play with. But even though his toys went unused for years, I knew mildew and bacteria could accumulate over that period of time and that it was vital for me to disinfect his toys and rinse them before I let my daughter even look at them.
5. Know when to disinfect. In addition to regularly disinfecting commonly touched surfaces, it’s important to disinfect areas after making a mess. When I’m cooking with my kids, and we accidentally break raw eggs on the counter, that’s a mess that needs to be cleaned up and disinfected! Raw eggs are at risk of housing bacteria that cause foodborne illnesses, which is definitely something a mom wants to avoid.
6. Schedule Regular Social activities…for YOU. With a new baby in the home, it’s inevitable that your social life takes a backseat. While I know it can be hard being away from your baby even for a minute, it’s so important to socialize outside the home. Whether it be a night out with the girls or even just a date night with you partner, keeping your social life alive helps keeps your mind and outlook healthy.
Lysol is a name I have known and trusted for years and years. I feel confident that Lysol products help keep my home as clean and germ-free as possible. Even now that my children are grown, I carry on the way I did when they were little. I figure that one day I will have grandchildren and I plan on keeping them as healthy as I can when they are with me. Since Lysol disinfecting wipes get rid of 99.9% of germs, they are definitely a staple in my house!
Are you ready to take the Lysol interactive quiz to determine your baby’s social germ network?
I would love to know how you did. Please mention in the comments your biggest concern with the results of your quiz. OR please feel free to leave a tip of your own in the comment section below!