Tri Tip Roast is a mouthwatering tender and boneless piece of beef that once you try you will ask yourself why you waited so long!
Culotte, Sirloin tip, Top sirloin, Bottom sirloin, Sirloin butt, and or California cut, aka Tri Tip Roast is one of the most delectable pieces of meat out there!
This type of cut is easy to overcook and make tough, however, with our amazing beef marinade, you will be able to create a steak or roast that is out of this world!
Here are some helpful recipe tips:
HOW CAN I COOK TRI-TIP?
We used a cast iron skillet to both sear and oven cook our Sirloin roast. However, you can also:
WHAT CAN YOU SERVE WITH TRI TIP ROAST?
Potatoes, Peppers and Onions, and Mixed vegetables. Another great idea to serve with your Tri Tip is a creamy potato salad!
HOW DO YOU CUT TRI TIP ROAST?
You will want to cut against the grain with this cut of meat.
HOW TO MAKE THIS MOUTHWATERING PIECE OF BEEF IN THE OVEN:
Tri Tip Roast
Marinade using this recipe
Butter (2 tbsp.)
Foil or lid for bowl
1.Prepare the marinade, add the beef, and place into the fridge for at least an hour. To get the most flavor, leave covered and in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 400. While the oven is heating, let the meat come to room temperature.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet with oil on high. Using the tongs, place the roast into the pan and sear it on both sides until you get a nice golden brown coloring.
4. Place the skillet into the oven and roast for approximately 20 to 30 minutes. You will want the temperature to be at least 135 – 145 for medium.
5. Watch the meat temperature closely. You don’t want to cook it too well done.
6. Once you remove it from the oven, let it set for 1o to 15 minutes.
7. While the Tri Tip is resting, prepare a butter and garlic infused sauce and let it simmer until the garlic is soft.
8. Spoon the butter sauce across the top of the beef and top with parsley.
9. Cut against the grain and serve.