As a family that avoids gluten and dairy on a regular basis, I have to get pretty creative when it comes to cooking. Especially, when we have favorite dishes like creamy pasta! Who doesn’t love a smooth and creamy Italian dish?! I had to figure out a way to bring this back into our lives. I owe my husband thanks for this spicy turkey sausage pasta recipe, because he came up with this brilliant idea! This dish takes 2o minutes to cook, and its creamy and spicy!
Spicy Turkey Sausage Pasta Recipe (gluten and dairy free)
- 2 packs of Butterball turkey sausage
- 1 can of Siete nacho queso
- 1 box of lentil or chickpea pasta
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
Optional ingredients: add spinach, kale, garlic, or mushrooms if you want more vegetables!
- Lentils – lots of fiber for better digestion and blood sugar control
- Olive oil – great source of healthy fats and antioxidants
- Spinach – protects against cancer, prevents against heart disease and much more!
- Mushrooms – great source of Vitamin D
- Garlic – can be used to treat colds, infections, or help control blood pressure
- Step 1 – boil pasta according to package
- Step 2– slice turkey sausage up and heat up in skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until brown
- Step 3 – drain pasta and toss in with the sausage, then add in the whole can of Siete nacho queso, stir until combined.
- Step 4 – Enjoy! its that simple!