We still don’t have curtains hung in every room (but it’s the sun room, that’s supposed be sunny right?) or pictures hung on the walls, but I’m finally feeling like I can wrap my head around making our safety plan. The smoke detectors have been upgraded and our fire exit safety plan has been made, but there was one last piece to take care of. Upgrading the carbon monoxide monitors.
Carbon Monoxide is known as the silent killer. Unlike smoke from a fire, it is colorless and odorless. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, CO poisoning is the number one cause of accidental poisoning in the United States. On top of that, the symptoms for carbon monoxide poisoning (dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headaches, or chest pain) often mimic other illnesses. In other words, it’s tough to diagnosis and the only way to keep safe is to make sure you’ve got CO detectors!
The First Alert 10-Year Battery Carbon Monoxide Detector is just what I was looking for in a detector!
- Comes with batteries that last the life of the alarm.
- Gives you an end of life warning telling you it’s time to take it down and put up a new one (it doesn’t get much easier than that).
- Has a digital readout letting you and first responders know what the highest level of carbon monoxide was.
- Tells you the temperature in the home.
- Can be wall mounted or sit on a table top. Because this isn’t our forever home, I loved knowing that we can take it with us when we move again!
Buy: You can purchase the First Alert 10 Year Sealed Multifunction Carbon Monoxide Alarm on Amazon. ARV $59.95
Connect: Connect with First Alert on their website and social media channels!
Giveaway! 1 Winner will receive a First Alert 10 Year Sealed Multifunction Carbon Monoxide Alarm. ARV $59.95!
To enter, use the widget below.