Wow. Just wow. Last night while I was watching the news, I heard a story of a website that catches cheaters. Or more accurately, where cheaters can be reported. So if someone is having an affair, and another person knows about it, they can say so on CheaterVille. My jaw must have dropped to my toes, as I listened further.
What is this world coming to? I mean, I don’t condone being unfaithful (at all!), but where does the lack of privacy end? It is not only a privacy issue, but what if someone “assumed” wrong and put a name on the site, and it broke up a marriage when an affair wasn’t taking place at all? There are mean and nasty people everywhere and I imagine that it is this type of person who would just enter the name(s) of their enemy out of pure hatred. Again, this type of action could destroy a marriage in a heartbeat.
I checked out the CheaterVille website this morning, out of curiosity and I found that:
- Just by entering a first and last name, as well as a city, will bring up a list of “known cheaters”.
- There is a listing of “popular” cheaters. What?
- Oh and let’s not forget “featured” cheaters. Why on earth would one cheater be featured over another?
- A photo can also be posted of the person you are reporting as a cheater.
- There is a map showing the areas of cheaters.
- It is mostly women who are reporting cheating – of other women (can you say jealous girlfriend anyone?)
According to the person who launched this site, he did it so people could release their anger, tell others by warning them, and also to help them seek revenge. He decided to start the site after he found out that the wife of his friend (who was deployed) had been cheating.
You can learn more about CheaterVille in this video.
This reminds me of the Ashley Madison website for those wanting to have an affair. GAG.
Cheating is bad, mkay?
So what do you think? Should cheaters be outed? Any other thoughts?