Managing a lice outbreak is so much harder than preventing one. All of our homes are susceptible to lice. Bummer right? Bummer indeed but very true. Now that school is back in session it is very important as parents to be proactive against the insects.
Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel® Hair Products naturally repel lice and other insects from the hair using all-natural, organic ingredients. When used together, the Rosemary Repel Hair Care line is highly effective in preventing lice. All products are Paraben and SLS free.
I was I was provided with the Fairy Tales Hair Care shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioning spray, and also the hair gel to review. Before using anything on my girls I try it out first. My hair is very thick and wavy. I felt that the shampoo did a good job cleaning my hair and the conditioner worked well to get the tangles out. The gel is a nice styling product and I added it after my shower and let my hair air dry. I only wash my hair every other day so in between I used the leave-in conditioning spray/detangler because I loved the smell of it. After it passed the mommy test it was on to the girls. The smell, although very pleasant to me, was what I worried about with my girls. We are a strawberry scent sort of family, so what would they think of the rosemary smell? My oldest loved it! She begs for the leave-in conditioning spray every morning when I comb her hair. My middle daughter didn’t notice the difference which was surprising to me and my youngest doesn’t care – she’s 2.
It cleaned their hair very well and neither of the 2 older girls complained about it stinging their eyes. We have been letting them get used to rinsing their own hair when they shower. I wondered what would happen because Rosemary Repel® doesn’t claim to be tear free. It passed all of my tests! It cleans, conditions, scent, and contains safe ingredients. Rosemary Repel® also has a hair spray that I am going to try. If it performs as well for us as their other products have, I am going to be a happy mama with lice free kids! Make sure you read my lice story, to see why I am so happy!
With September being National Lice Awareness Month I thought I would include some interesting facts that you might not have known about lice.
• The majority of reported lice cases are in children age 3 to 11.
• Lice infects people regardless of social status or personal hygiene. Lice, in fact, like clean hair, not dirty hair, because it is easier to attach to a clean hair shaft rather than a dirty one.
• Lice are human parasites and need human blood to survive.
• The most common way for lice to transfer is through head to head contact. Lice do not fly or jump; they only crawl.
• Lice move slowly and take 30 seconds to move from head to head.
• Lice can survive off a human head for 24-36 hours and can therefore be transmitted through contact with pillows, hats, hair brushes, athletic helmets and other personal items.
• A full grown adult louse can live up to 30 days on the head and lay up to 100 eggs in her lifetime.
• The color of lice changes throughout the life-cycle. Eggs are nearly colorless, hatched eggs (called nits) are light yellow or whitish-gray, and adult lice are grayish brown in color.
• A nit, otherwise known as a hatched egg, is smaller than a pin head (approximately .01 to .03 inches) and extremely hard to remove.
• Symptoms of lice include itching at the scalp, small red bumps or sores on the neck or scalp and a tickling feeling of something moving in the hair.
• Herbs such as rosemary, citronella and tea tree have been proven to repel head lice; the smell keeps them away.
• It is easy to mistake pieces of dandruff, food or hair products for louse eggs or nits. If the particle can be removed easily with your fingers, it’s not a nit.
About Lice Prevention
• Avoid sharing personal items such as hats, combs and brushes, hair accessories, towels, pillows, and ear buds. If you must share an item, such as an athletic helmet, wipe it down with a wet cloth before use.
• Keep long hair pulled up in a braid or pony tail.
• Avoid daily hair washing when possible. Lice attach more easily to clean hair.
• Use hair care products that repel lice naturally with ingredients such as rosemary oil, citronella oil and tea tree oil.
• Store each person’s personal items such as jackets, backpacks, hats and scarves in separate cubbies or a sealed bag.
Some information about the Rosemary Repel® line.
Rosemary Repel® Shampoo
• The first of its kind, this unique shampoo is infused with rosemary, citronella, tea tree, anise, lavender and geranium oils to repel lice
• The formula is safe to use every day and contains no harsh ingredients or chemicals
• The nourishing ingredients promote soft, squeaky-clean and shiny hair and is safe for all hair types
• Available in a 32 oz. bottle, $24.95, a 12 oz. bottle, $10.95, and a 2 oz. travel bottle, $2.95
Rosemary Repel® Cream Conditioner
• The conditioner combines lice protecting ingredients such as rosemary and citronella with aloe and vitamin E to protect and nourish hair
• The lightweight formula promotes tangle free, silky hair without build up
• Available in a 32 oz. bottle, $29.95, an 8 oz. bottle, $10.95, and a 2 oz. travel bottle, $2.95
Rosemary Repel® Leave-In Conditioning Spray
• The conditioning spray blends organic oils of rosemary, citronella, tea tree, lemongrass, peppermint, sage and others to keep lice and other insects away
• The formula contains vitamin B-5 and aloe to detangle, condition, and protect the hair from unwanted elements
• Safe to use as part of a daily hair-care routine, the Rosemary Repel Leave-In conditioning spray has been proven to be 92% effective when used alone and nearly 100% effective when combined with the other Fairy Tales Hair Care lice prevention products
• A favorite of moms across the country, Rosemary Repel Leave-In Conditioning Spray is Fairy Tales Hair Care’s best selling product!
• Available in a 32 oz. refillable bottle, $29.95, an 8 oz. bottle, $10.95, and a 2 oz. travel size bottle, $2.95
Rosemary Repel® Gel
• The Rosemary Repel gel is the perfect styling tool to create polished hairstyles while keeping lice and bugs away
• The formula is infused with organic rosemary, citronella, tea tree, anise, cinnamon, mint, sage and geranium oils for healthy, beautiful hair
• Available in an 8 oz. bottle, $10.95
Rosemary Repel® Spray and Shield Hair Spray
• This lightweight hairspray holds hair’s style while providing protection against lice and other bugs
• The formula is infused with pure oils of rosemary, citronella, tea tree, cinnamon, rose extracts and geranium oil for healthy, beautiful hair
• Available in an 8 oz. bottle, $10.95
Find out more about Rosemary Repel® and Fairy Tales Hair Care at www.fairytaleshaircare.com, or follow the brand on Facebook at Fairy Tales Hair Care or Twitter at @fairytalesinc.