Just a little over two years ago I was a new mother assuming babies arrived perfect and squishy needing nothing but food and sleep. Even though she was perfect and squishy, I was shocked when I learned my daughter had cradle cap. I became frustrated when I was repeatedly unsuccessful in treating my baby’s cradle cap.
What is cradle cap?
Cradle cap is a type of dermatitis (Seborrheic specifically) that can make the scalp itchy, red and flakey and in some cases can become infected if not treated or is advanced.
My daughter developed crusty flakes on her forehead and scalp that developed into what looked like scales and nothing we tried seemed to help.
What did I do?
- Researched homemade items (smelled nice, but did nothing)
- Asked my doctor for advice (suggested frequent washing and limited use of an anti-dandruff shampoo, didn’t work!)
- Searched the internet for endless options (it got overwhelming)
Months went by and it was not getting better! She was miserable (and it smelled), so I had to keep searching!
Check out the signs and symptoms of cradle cap.
How I finally treated my baby’s cradle cap
Much to my surprise after applying this ointment for 3 days, my daughter’s 6 months of cradle cap ended!
I even tried it out on my second baby this last year when I recognized early signs of cradle cap, and she never got it!
More about the product
- Gluten, dairy free, and certified animal cruelty free, made in the U.S.A with natural fragrances
- Lasts FOREVER – we have bought one tub and it lasted a year!
- It is an affordable option when compared to everything we tried and the fact everyone in the family can use it
Since I started following Tubby Todd a couple of years ago they have expanded their offerings. They now have products for several skin conditions common to children and adults. Most importantly to me, they make their products safe, clean and natural.
Foods to avoid if you have dermatitis or eczema
As you are probably learning quickly, I am all about using food to treat the body. Learn the most common foods to avoid if you are suffering from skin issues like dermatitis or eczema. You will be surprised how your skin can clear up just by changing your diet.
See my recent post on How to Make Health Baby Food.