I am always on the lookout for the most simple recipes with the least amount of ingredients, or effort on my part. I have found that one of the easiest things to do is use a crockpot. I can prepare in the morning and have it ready for dinner! You have to try this life-changing spicy pot roast recipe (compliments of Savory Spice Shop), because you will never look at any other pot roast the same (guaranteed!). It takes 4 things, that’s it! Its packed full of flavor, making it savory and spicy.
- 1 Rump Roast (or your favorite cut of roast)
- 1 package of pot roast spice mix from Savory Spice (you can order online)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 can of beef broth (or bone broth)
- Slice the whole onion and place it at the bottom of your crockpot
- Place the Roast right on top of the onion
- Dump the whole spice package over the roast
- Pour the whole can of beef broth on top
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender and serve with your favorite roasted veggies on the side. Enjoy!
The health benefits of using a variety of spices:
- Decreased inflammation
- Can reduce or help with blood sugar control
- Can clear sinuses or help with allergies
- Can lower cortisol levels
- Has numerous antioxidants
- Can help fight cancer
Try our other recipes for quick and easy meals the whole family enjoys!