As a parent, I am constantly bombarded and given so many toys, I can barely keep up. On top of that, my toddler asks for certain gifts and toys as she becomes more curious, and opinionated. In the past year, my two-year-old has developed a passion for dressing up in different characters like fireman, princesses, policeman, etc. I love how she is learning to use her imagination, so I often look for toys to help support her in this area. I was extremely excited when I saw this Doctor dress up kit, and I want to share all the good things about this Doctor Set from Little City.
You can see in these pictures my toddler is extremely delighted to have this Doctor Set. She has been playing Doctor for the past two hours!! What parent doesn’t need to find something to occupy their child’s time that isn’t technology?!
Her favorite part was going around and putting band-aids on each of us and checking our heart rate with the stethoscope.
I really enjoy this type of imaginary play for kids because it helps them create a sense of calmness and familiarity with Doctors so that when we go to the Doctor she wont be as scared, or timid. She can learn that they are here to help her, and make her feel better. The same goes for any pretend play outfits like Dentists, Fireman, Policeman, etc. It’s a great way to help them learn about each profession.
What’s included in the Doctor Set:
- Band-aids – 6 in total that are Snap-On band-aids, which makes them reusable.
- Jacket – its a great size and you can clip the ID badge on it and add their picture!
- Book – “Little Doctor Benny” story book. its a great way to show kids how doctors help them through different scenarios.
- Stethoscope – this actually works, you can hear the heartbeat, which is fantastic for learning!
- Glasses – a great blue color and they fit ages 3-6
- ID badge – you can personalize it with their own picture!
Why this is a great product for children:
- Helps them develop their imagination
- Creates a sense of calmness when they go to the actual Doctor, its a great teaching tool.
- The actual kit is made to last, plus they offer so many other products on their website for future gift ideas.
- It kept my daughter busy and entertained without TV or technology for a couple hours, which is honestly the best part!
Buy: You can purchase the Doctor set from Little City for $29.99.