Have you ever played Charades? I love this game but didn’t like to have all the performance pressure standing alone, while others shouted at me. Reverse Charades is hilarious and you don’t have to act out the words alone!
I played this with a group of friends and the first words we pulled out were mullet and double chin! Can you see us acting out mullet, in 60 seconds! It was awesome to see everyone (even ones that weren’t playing) laughing so hard. This game is definitely worth buying and you won’t regret it. It has simple easy to follow rules and the funniest words to describe. With more than one person acting the word out you have tons of different imaginations throwing their best ideas at you.
How to play Reverse Charades:
- Split into teams of three or more. Be creative – brown vs. blue eyes, right vs. left-handed, dark vs. milk chocolate lovers. Decide on a number of rounds or a point target to win.
- 1 word guessed correctly = 1 point. Each team has one minute to guess as many words as possible. If the acting team doesn’t like a word, they can pass – but only one pass per round.
- Each team selects a guesser (everyone gets a turn guessing) and the rest of the team acts out the words. The other team holds the word cards for only the actors to see and flips the enclosed timer.
- Shhh! Not a peep among the team members acting. You lose a point if you speak or “mouth” any words to each other or the guesser. Use of objects (or even people) in the room is definitely permitted.
- Ready, set, go! Tally up points each round on a scorepad. The first team to your target wins (unless, of course, your team is losing – then you can always suggest extending “one more round”)!
Reverse Charades takes the classic (and boring) charades game and gives it a hilarious twist that makes it an absolute riot to play with any group. It’s a fast-paced, fiercely-fun competition where teams have 60 seconds to act out (without speaking) as many words as one person can guess. Words like: synchronized swimming, piñata, paparazzi, dogpile, leapfrog, pillow fight or CPR.
This game has received several awards (like the coveted Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Seal award, NAPPA Gold Seal, Creative Child Game of the Year Award, Dr. Toy Best Vacation Product and Tillywig Laugh out Loud awards).
You can find the Reverse Charades Junior and Original Reverse Charades game at over 300 specialty stores in the U.S. and you can also buy Reverse Charades for $23.99 at Amazon.
*Katy received the above game, free of charge, to facilitate this review. All opinions are those of reviewer only.