I am always on the lookout for dinner recipes that require minimal time or effort, so this Honey Chipotle Salmon recipe fits my need perfectly. Its only three ingredients and packed full of flavor! For those of you who do not usually like Salmon (Like me!), honey and chipotle provide the perfect pairing to hide that fishy taste.
What are the health benefits of Salmon?
Read how Wild Caught Salmon can protect the brain, eyes, skin and bones. Learning how food is beneficial to our health is a great way to motivate ourselves to try different foods. Remember, food is information and fuel for our bodies, as discussed previously on my other posts.
What type of Salmon is best to eat?
Wild-caught Salmon is considered the healthiest version to eat because its natural and not raised on a farm. When Salmon is farm raised, just like in “dirt” farming, over time the fish will contain less nutrients reducing its positive impact to your health.
What is the best way to cook Salmon?
Salmon is very versatile in regards to cooking. For this Honey Chipotle Salmon recipe, we bake it in the oven. I chose the oven because it’s an easier clean up compared to the grill or stove.
- Bake Salmon in the oven – place Salmon skin side down on parchment paper, 450 degrees 12-15 minutes.
- Grill Salmon – dab olive oil on your grill grates, place the Salmon skin side down 6-8 minutes until it releases, flip over and cook another 2-4 minutes for that nice browning and until you reach your preferred doneness.
- Pan sear Salmon – 2 tablespoons of olive oil, heated to medium heat. Place the Salmon skin side down 6-7 minutes and flip once its crispy. You will know its done with the fish becomes flakey.
What side dishes go best with this Salmon recipe?
Honey Chipotle Salmon
- 1 lb Wild caught sockeye Salmon (or filets of your choice)
- Make sure if you are buying from a fish counter to have them remove bones (most already do this) and if you want have them cut into fillets
- ¼ cup honey (use any honey you like!)
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce plus, 1 tsp of the sauce that comes in the can
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend honey and chipotle sauce in a food processor until combined.
- Brush your Salmon with the honey chipotle mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the fish is flakey.