Not to brag or anything, but I can make this pudding without looking at my
chicken scratch recipe anymore! With just a handful of ingredients, this easy paleo peppermint chocolate pudding is ridiculously easy to make! A side benefit with all Paleo recipes is that they have no gluten or dairy in them, which fits perfectly with my families needs! If you are looking for a creamy, velvety tasty snack for your kids, I recommend adding some strawberries and nuts and seeds on top. Adding those ingredients to the top will help your kids stay full for longer!
- 1 can organic coconut milk * I buy Natural Value; organic and BPA-free cans.
- 4 TB organic arrowroot powder or use tapioca flour (if you are out of arrowroot)
- 2 TB organic cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 5-6 drops peppermint essential oil * I use Young Living. The strength will vary depending on the brand of oil so start small; taste, and add more if need be. I recommend an essential oil > a flavoring or extract.
- In a small bowl; whisk the coconut milk, arrowroot powder, and cacao powder together.
- Combine the coconut milk mixture with the honey in a small pot over medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Once thickened, add the peppermint essential oil and stir. Taste to check that the peppermint flavor is up to snuff.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving dishes. Enjoy warm or chilled.
Note: I prefer it chilled, there’s just something about cold peppermint chocolate-y goodness!
This easy paleo peppermint chocolate pudding gets great “reviews” from everyone I’ve made it for. You can also make it more hearty by blending in a couple avocados for some good healthy fat and more creamy goodness!
You can also check out some of my other related posts:
- 3 incredible paleo cookie recipes
- Flavorful ground turkey recipes (gluten and dairy free)
- Easy weeknight dinners (gluten free, dairy free, paleo)
This post contains Amazon associate links to products I use to make this dessert.