I found this fun meme from my friend Erin, who found it from my other friend, Lorie, who found out about it at Sandier Pastures…confused yet?
So out with the old and in with the new. Here is a breakdown of 2010 for me. If you like this meme, make sure you join in and link up at Sandier Pastures!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you hadn’t done before?
I went to several blogger events, and even visited Washington State.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My good friend Christine’s daughter, Sami, had a baby girl!
3. Did anyone close to you die?
My husband’s grandpa passed away, and my mom’s best friend, Martha, and an old family friend (Buzz) – the funniest man ever. I miss them all dearly.
4. Did you travel? Where did you go?
Let’s see – I did quite a bit of traveling! I went to Oregon (twice), Washington (once), and to La Jolla, Laguna Beach, Manhattan Beach, Santa Cruz, and Monterey
5. Best thing you bought?
iPad! Yep – I couldn’t help myself and had to have one.
6. Where did most of your money go?
Property taxes, homeowners and floor insurance. Oh, and car insurance. After my son’s car accident, our rates skyrocketed.
7. What do you wish you had done more of?
More time offline – more time listening to others.
8. What do you wish you had done less of?
Being online. That is another goal of mine for 2011 – to shut down the computer more often.
9. What kept you sane?
10. What drove you mad?
I was using a browser that kept crashing on me – it totally drove me mad.
11. What made you celebrate?
My husbands promotion at work, and my daughter graduating 8th grade on the honor roll
12. What made you sad?
The deaths of those I loved.
13. How was your birthday this year?
Pretty mellow. I actually don’t remember – how sad is that?
14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
I try to steer clear from politics, thank you very much.
15. Were you in love in 2010?
Absolutely – I am always in love with my wonderful husband.
16. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have this year?
My sanity 🙂
17. What date from 2010 will be etched in your memory and why?
I am lucky if I remember yesterday…
18. What song will remind you of 2010?
“Need You Now” – Lady Antebellum. I don’t know why, it’s just a beautiful song.
19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
Yes – much!
20. Biggest achievement this year?
My blog has grown quite a bit – I work hard on it, and it is nice to have some good opps come my way.
21. Biggest disappointment this year?
I can’t think of anything.
22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
More romantic trips with my husband
23. Best new person you met this year?
Erin Cox – my buddy from Slice o’ Heaven. We have talked on Skype for a couple of years, but we finally got to meet in person!
24. A valuable life lesson you learned this year?
Hang out with people who treat you fairly.
25. How was your health in 2010?
So-so. I have a few issues, but I am getting older, after all.
26. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not really, however, I do have some simpler ones for 2011.
27. What countries did you visit?
Just the good ol’ U S of A
28. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More alone time with my husband.
29. Did you suffer hardship in 2010?
No, thank goodness.
30. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My daughter – she graduated 8th grade, and is just an amazing child. She gets good grades in school, is respectful and just a wonderful human being.
31. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I can’t think of anything.
32. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
33. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner
iii. richer or poorer? Richer
34. How did you spend the New Year’s?
At home – sleeping I think.
35. How many one-night stands?
Ummm none. I would be in big trouble!
36. What was your favorite TV program?
37. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah – I don’t really hate anyone.
38. What was the best book you read?
Ummm…I need to start reading more books. Sad, right?
39. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Kings of Leon – they rock!
40. What did you want and get?
iPad, new couches, and my husband got promoted to Captain (so proud of him!)
41. What did you want and not get?
Camaro! But that was more of a joke than anything.
42. What was your favorite film that you watched this year?
Pearl Harbor. I realize it’s an older film, but it was my first time seeing it.
43. What one experience do you never want to repeat from this year?
Getting the phone call from my son that he had been in a car accident that totaled his car. Luckily he escaped unhurt.
44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Comfy – I am a stay-at-home mom…need I say more?
45. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmm – I don’t have a good answer for this.
46. Who did you miss?
My mom. I miss her every single day. November 2010 marked the 4-year anniversary of her passing away. I also miss my friend Julie, whom I don’t get to see often enough.
47. Quote that sums up your year:
I have no answer for this – sorry
48. Was 2010 a good year for you?
Yes, I have to say it was pretty good!
49. What was your favorite moment of the year?
My daughter graduating from 8th grade, and starting high school
50. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
My son’s car accident
51. Where were you when 2010 began?
In my house
52. Who were you with?
My husband, son and daughter
53. Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2011?
To stop cussing out other drivers 🙂
54. What was your favorite month of 2010?
July – my husband and I celebrated 15 years of marriage.
55. What was your favorite song in 2010?
I think I already answered this above…but “Need You Now”. Oh I also like “Somewhere with you” – Kenny Chesney
56. What was your favorite record from 2010?
57. How many concerts did you see in 2010?
58. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2010?
Nope – very few actually
59. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2010?
None at all
60. How many people did you sleep with in 2010?
Just one – my husband
61. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
62. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2010?
I can’t think of any.
63. Did you treat somebody badly in 2010?
No – I try to treat everyone fairly, always
64. Did somebody treat you badly in 2010?
65. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2009?
2009 or 2010? Gee, I am never embarrassed. RIGHT!
66. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2010 and change something, what would it be?
My son wouldn’t have been in his car accident.
67. What are you most looking forward to in 2011?
New things on my blog, making new friends, and seeing what is in store!